jeudi, septembre 14, 2006

A sign of life

It is strange to be faced with lack of communication. Since I arrived to Amsterdam I have been cut off from the internet. It is not a necessity of life nor is it the only way to communicate but habit has a strong influence over one’s modes of expression. I have not stopped writing but I have stopped being read. It is somehow like the freedom of expression in our hypocritical world – you can express yourself but there is no one who listens.

As I was sitting down in the computer lab in the university of Amsterdam I decided to write this short message maybe as a call for patience to those unknown individuals who would read my blog, or as a way to tell myself that soon enough I will be publishing my thoughts, encounters and more importantly the everlasting ordeals of this piece of land some people call Lebanon.

For now the very short summary of the happenings is a new war, one of words, which seems to be carrying on the goals of the military one that has failed. A crisis of logic and an insult to reason appears to be conducting the discourse of the Lebanese government. I will not develop this statement further and leave it for a latter time, however, in today’s edition of Al-Akhbar, a new Lebanese daily, Joseph Samaha makes a good presentation of the crisis that faces the discourse of this group. Every argument carries in itself an explicit contradiction.