dimanche, juillet 23, 2006

Day 11

Today was the day of land invasions. This however does not mean that warplanes took a rest. The target of the day was antennas for both television stations and cellular phones. After destroying all physical communications, the Israeli army decided to destroy what is left of indirect communications. Now we have no TV, and mobile phones are partly out of order. In a sense this is an introduction for a full scale invasion and probably a way to hide future war crimes.

To make it short, the day was calm in Beirut, we went out which is why the report comes slightly later than usual. I did not go to any humanitarian center today; I spent the whole day in a sleepiness that has its explanation in the amount of stress I am encountering on daily basis. I decided I will not be helping anymore refugees; maybe I will change my mind tomorrow. It was an image I saw when I went to this school where some 200 people were living. I couldn’t help thinking that these people were not in need for food, nor shelter. They simply needed to be called a people. I saw their death in their eyes. Helping them was of no use, they were already dead. It is not to say that they were depressed, on the contrary all I saw was a will to resist, but watching the news one cannot but see their imminent death and the silence that will follow.

The body count until now has exceeded 350 dead among which 170 children. And many reports about the use of forbidden weapons are beginning to appear. Everyone is afraid that the end of the evacuation of foreign nationals will introduce a new kind of violence. The targeting of antennas makes a good argument for them. I am too tired to write a detailed report of today, so I will settle for this much.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger Ayman said...

The problem is not that they are in schools and centers for refugees, the problem is that after the war, these people don't have anywhere else to go, their houses are destroyed, businesses ruined... a people's life eradicated... help will have to address these problems too...

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home